Popular Payment Methods for Banking at South African Casinos
The best South African casino sites offer a wide range of safe, secure, and reliable payment methods, including credit and debit cards, electronic wallets, prepaid cards and vouchers, bank transfers, mobile payment methods, and cryptocurrencies.
The following is a brief overview of the most popular casino payment methods at casino sites accepting players from South Africa:
Pay by Phone
Use your mobile phone to deposit money in your SA online casino gaming account. You only have to visit the banking area of your casino site, choose Pay by Phone as your banking option, enter your mobile number and the deposit amount, and confirm the transaction.
The amount you deposited is deducted from your prepaid balance or added to your next phone bill.
Set up an account at PayPal, and use your email address to make an online casino deposit. PayPal is an electronic wallet, which allows you to make quick, secure, and anonymous deposits.
PayPal is a free casino payment method, which protects you from unauthorized use and identity theft. PayPal supports both deposits and withdrawals
Use Skrill to transfer money to your casino gaming account through cards, bank transfers, and cryptocurrencies. It is an electronic wallet that enables quick, secure, and anonymous deposits. You can use Skrill for as a funding and cash out option at online casinos.
A payment service belonging to Paysafe Group Limited, Neteller is an electronic wallet enabling fast, safe, secure, and anonymous fund transfers to online casino accounts. Using Neteller is free of cost at online casinos, but making deposits into your Neteller account and withdrawing money from it incurs fees.
Do you want to control your casino expenditure? EntroPay can help you do that because it is a virtual prepaid card bearing the Visa brand.
You can deposit only as much money as is loaded on the card. Using EntroPay is similar to using credit and debit cards at online casinos. You can use it at any online casino accepting Visa as a payment option.
In addition to an electronic wallet, EcoPayz has a prepaid card, which you can use to make online casino deposits and withdraw money at ATMs worldwide. EcoPayz transactions are easy, quick, and secure.
Use Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Litecoin, and other cryptocurrencies to make quick, safe, easy, and anonymous deposits into your casino gaming account.
Since cryptocurrencies are not under the control of any bank or financial institution, online casinos can legally offer them even in unregulated jurisdictions.
Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) is a bank transfer enabling you to move funds from your bank account to your online casino's bank account without the help of third parties. The SiD Secure EFT is a popular payment method in South Africa for its ease of use and convenience.
All online casinos accepting players from South Africa offer credit and debit cards bearing the Visa and MasterCard brands as casino payment methods. Credit cards are safe and secure, and all SA casino players know how to use them to make payments.
How to Deposit at SA Online Casinos
The procedure to make a deposit at SA casino sites varies slightly according to the preferred banking method. Generally, you need to complete the following steps to make a deposit:
Step #1: Sign up at one of the SA casino sites we recommend, and log in to your account.
Step #2: Visit the banking area of the casino site, and choose one of the banking methods displayed there.
Step #3: Enter the details required to initiate a transaction, including the amount you want to deposit.
Step #4: If you are depositing with cryptocurrencies, you may scan the QR code to make a payment.
Step #5: Deposits are instant at most online casinos. However, if you use a bank wire transfer as your deposit method, you may have to wait for a few hours to a few days for your deposit to arrive.
How to Withdraw at SA Online Casinos
Before making a withdrawal at SA online casinos, you need to check the following things off the list:
- Clear all active bonuses. If you make a withdrawal request before clearing your bonus, the online casino will void the bonus offer and deduct the bonus wins from your account.
- Complete the account verification procedure. Upload the following documents on your profile page or send photographs or scanned copies via email to the online casino:
- Government-issued photo ID
- Proof that your preferred payment method is registered in your name
- Address proof
- Other documents the casino site requests
- Ensure that your preferred payment method is registered in your name.
- If the deposit method you used does not support payouts, choose another method and use it to make at least one deposit before using it as a payout method.
The procedure to withdraw your winnings is similar to the deposit procedure and involves the following steps:
- Login to your gaming account and navigate to the banking area.
- Choose a withdrawal method, preferably the same one you used to make a deposit.
- Fill in the amount you want to withdraw and any other required information.
- Confirm the details you entered and submit your withdrawal request to the online casino.
- Generally, online casinos keep payout requests pending for a day to three days to complete the verification procedure.
- After verifying your account details, the online casino approves or denies your payout request.
- Online casinos process payout requests immediately after approval.
- The time taken for your winnings to reach your account depends on multiple factors, including preferred banking method, withdrawal amount, bank or financial institution, and others.
- Generally, eWallet withdrawals take 24 hours, credit card withdrawals take 2 – 3 days, bank wire transfer takes up to seven days, and cryptocurrencies take a few hours.
Legalities of Placing Real Money Bets at SA Online Casinos
Online gambling is illegal in South Africa. The 11th section of the National Gambling Act states that residents must not make available or engage in interactive games except those authorized in the terms of the National Gambling Act or any other South African law.
South Africa has legalized some forms of online gambling. Online sports betting is legal in the country, provided you sign up at an online bookie holding a valid betting license granted by a South African regulator. The largest of these regulators is the Western Cape Gambling Board.
While offering online casino gaming services is prohibited in South Africa, there is no law to prohibit South African residents from playing real money casino games at offshore online casinos. You can choose from a wide range of online casinos accepting South African players.
While having fun playing real money games at SA-friendly casino sites, do so responsibly. If gambling stops being fun, email [email protected] or call the toll-free number 0800-006-008 to get the required help.
How to Pick the Best Casino Payment Method
Generally, new players sign up at casino sites without thinking much about choosing a casino banking method. However, gambling experts say that this is the worst mistake you can make. You must always take time to choose a suitable banking option, taking into consideration factors like transaction speed, safety & security, and convenience.
Choose a banking option that meets your requirements and preferences. If you are looking for speed, select a cryptocurrency or electronic wallet as your preferred banking option. If security is more important to you, deposit and withdraw with traditional options like bank transfers.
Check out the online casino’s banking policy to avoid nasty shocks in the future. Casino banking policies provide information about fees, deposit and withdrawal limits, and so on.
Here are a few tips to help you make a well-informed decision about selecting the best casino payment option:
Speed: Are you looking for safe, secure, and fast transactions? If your answer is yes, you must choose electronic wallets like Skrill, PayPal, and Neteller.
If you prefer traditional payment methods, which are slower but more secure, go for bank transfers or credit cards.
Cryptocurrencies are the best options for players looking for free, safe, secure, and anonymous ways to make online casino deposits and withdrawals.
Convenience: Always choose a method that is most convenient to you—one you are familiar with and use regularly to make payments.
Security: Generally, online casinos partner with licensed payment providers that prioritize security. Still, check out the security policies of a payment method before using it.
Fees: You can use most payment methods free of cost at online casinos, but some of them carry a fee. Check out the online casino's banking policy or contact a customer support agent to know more about the fees associated with the banking method you plan to use.
Anonymity: Many players are uncomfortable about parting with their bank account and credit card details at online casinos. If this is you, choose cryptocurrencies or electronic wallets as your preferred banking options.
Deposit and Withdrawal Limits: Always pick a method that suits your budget. For example, prepaid cards and vouchers and mobile payment methods are wrong for high rollers who want to deposit large amounts.
If you are a high roller, you must choose bank transfer, credit card, or Bitcoin as your deposit option.
Here is another tip you might like to use while making deposits and withdrawals.
Many SA casino sites offer bonuses on deposits made with selected payment methods like Bitcoin or electronic wallets. If you want to boost your casino profits, you may prefer making a deposit with a method that will fetch you a bonus.
Tips for Safe Banking at Online Casinos
Are you worried about losing your money at online casinos? Here are some tips to stay safe while making deposits and withdrawals at South Africa-friendly casino sites.
- Sign up and play only at licensed and reputed casinos online.
- Do not reveal your username and password to anybody.
- Be prepared to handle losses, and avoid using funds set aside for essential purposes.
- Use responsible gambling tools at online casinos and set your own deposit limits to prevent overspending.
- Provide accurate details during the online signup procedure to prevent payout delays in the future.
- Provide up-to-date documents while completing the verification procedure to speed up payouts.
- Use banking methods you are familiar with while making deposits and withdrawals at online casinos.
SA Payment Methods FAQs
The most significant gambling law in South Africa is the National Gambling Act of 1996, which prohibits operators from launching online casino businesses on South African soil. However, this law does not prohibit players from signing up and playing real money games at online casinos licensed in offshore jurisdictions.
So, South Africans playing real money online casino games at offshore online casinos won't get into trouble with the law.